Stop. Stop right now. Just stop searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe because here it is. It may actually be the answer to life, at least for a brief second as you break apart a warm, perfectly textured cookie with chocolate treasures of goodness.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever. Period. End of Story.
- 1 c unsalted butter melted and cooled at least 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 egg (large) + 1 yolk (room temperature preferred)
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 t cornstarch
- 1 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine melted butter and sugars in a large bowl. Stir very well.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients – stir well so that all the flour is absorbed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place dough in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Scoop tough by rounded 1 1/2 T onto prepared cookie sheets, placing at least 2" apart.
- Bake on 350F for 11 minutes – cookies may still seem slightly soft in the centers, that is OK, they will cook completely on the cookie sheets.
- Allow to completely cool on the cookie sheets.
And you eat one, two, four, eight…. oh, who’s counting.